.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Iris
Sunday, April 02, 2006
 
Truth
This may be a mistake .. but then again I live here and can theoretically write whatever I like.

I have read Jo's writing since her first ever post and because we also 'know' some of the same people I have felt part of a little group of on-line friends for about three years. I am so sorry that she is going through such a horrible time and am in many ways totally sympathetic and think about her in a well -wishing way .. every day.

BUT .. her blog seems to have been taken over by new commenters who write all the time. And not only am I not in tune with them but I actually disagree with the majority of their advice and also find them beyond annoying. To the point that every time they speak I would like to answer briskly and .. oh no ... even rudely. I didn't realise that people who said such ludicrously sentimental and cliched things .. and in such a sanctimonious and smug manner .. actually existed in 'our' world.

So .. I have had to back away. And was moved to be hostile lately .. really because 'they' made me so angry. It is late at night here and that often makes you loosen up and say what you really mean. What I really mean is that I am sorry and upset that these strange and dreary people have taken over someone that I once liked a lot. While mush and gush might be comforting in the short term .. maybe not so good a few months in the future. But then again I am not American .. so what do I know.

Comments: Post a Comment



Powered by Blogger