.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Iris
Thursday, April 06, 2006
 
Affair?
I have just realised that this is almost three years to the day since I discovered blogs for the first time. Three years ... about the same length as the classic affair. One year of fascination and awe at your good luck; one year of happiness and self-confidence ... and one year trying to get away. Yes ... that about sums it up.

I loved that first year so much. I even still have the link to that MaCleans article about the cool blogging community ... I was so proud that it was MY community. Not that they actually KNEW that of course .. I was a shy lurker ... but they were the ones who I read and just occasionally made a tiny comment and then ran away. I thought that they were all just GREAT .. and, in fact, they WERE.

Layne, Dainty, Joshua, Badger, Ryan .... with all your scarily witty friends and commenters .... and your wild lives and wilder memories ... it was the most fun I'd had for years.

And then I settled into it .. and got my own blog .. and some of the scariest people turned into really good friends and I knew better what to say in comments so that there wasn't a deafening silence. And so I got used to it.

And then ... turned into now.

Comments:
Iris, please don't give up your blog. I would really like it to continue. For me, your blog is a meditation on, among other things, what it is to be English. I am learning so much from you, and this version of your life.
Rosaleen
 
Post a Comment



Powered by Blogger