.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Iris
Tuesday, August 24, 2004
 
Change.
'For most of August Mercury will be in retrograde motion, causing much upset and change'. Yet again the Heavens have been proved right. Although very wary of the movements of Saturn, (always the signal for something crap to happen), I have ignored Mercury - no longer.

My older daughter has finally broken up with her long-term boyfriend (a secret and muted 'Yay!') and has no job and no idea what do do next in any way.

My second daughter's job finished and she has no work lined up and is taking many short holidays.

My son was finally confirmed as accepted at university and so is not having a second year off after all and is in a state of panic and depression.

My husband has suddenly announced that he is bored with the same old routine and will combine being abroad more with setting up a huge rebuilding programme on this house. (Discussed vaguely for years).

And ... I am writing this fast as I am so upset ... my cat died. For three years she has been the reason that I am here alone. Her illness and the fact that she hated everyone in the world except me meant that I had to be around to feed her or she would just starve - quite apart from pining hysterically when I was away. In three years I have had two short holidays and otherwise never spent more than about four days away from here at a time. Marred by regular ringing of cat feeder to check on cat state of mind and feelings of constant worry. She was closer to me than my own children and I still can't take in that I am alone .... and free.

Free ... to do what?


Comments: Post a Comment



Powered by Blogger