.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Iris
Sunday, June 27, 2004
 
L@yne.
I have finally read through just about every comment and speculation around and before the whole thing disappears into the sunset I wanted to make a note here. This is for me. I said already in a couple of other places, but not in my own blog, that the first time I read L@yne a year or so ago I immediately assumed that it was written by a man. And luckily commented about this on another blog so I have proof. As no one else seemed to think this until quite recently I wondered if it was because I'm not American, so I was reading it in an outsidery more objective way which made the slight oddness stand out ... ? And speaking of which - O. S.'s description of his heart problem has a ridiculous similarity to the story that a Spanish boy told me on holiday years ago when he was desperate to get me to sleep with him on my last evening. I was really young and didn't but cried all the way home on the plane over the fact that he only had a few months to live. I felt quite annoyed when I got a postcard from him four years later saying he was thinking of coming to England.

Comments: Post a Comment



Powered by Blogger