.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Iris
Tuesday, June 15, 2004
 
HA!
I have finished the Ph1l1p Pu11m@n trilogy and have nothing to add to my half-way through impression - EXCEPT THIS QUOTE.

'I have stolen ideas from every book I have ever read. My principle in researching for a novel is 'Read like a butterfly, write like a bee', and if this story contains any honey, it is entirely because of the quality of the nectar I found in the work of better writers ...'.

I rest my case.

Except to say that surely this book has the highest body count of named characters ever? About two pages after you had registered someones cloak style and hair colour they were invariably lying dead at your feet with an arrow through their neck. By the third volume I had got pretty wary of getting sentimental about anyone, especially if they were small and furry.

Comments: Post a Comment



Powered by Blogger