.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Iris
Friday, June 04, 2004
 
Fury.
As the above - I am totally furious... I couldn't understand why I was suddenly getting a huge number of searches on my s1temeter. Especially as I go to farcical and probably irritating lengths to disguise any interesting word. Most of these searches come from something called 'n1nemsn' but it was only today that I bothered to follow one of them back. As the collection of search words were ones that I KNEW I had never written in the same post.

These words were 'w3bc@m'+ 'l1ve'+ 'b1tch3s'. No - I'm sure I haven't described anything like that. AND I HAVEN'T. When I looked, the page had a collection of six or so facsimilies of different blogs and under each one a sample sentence. Each separate one had ONE word of the three asked for in the search. So mine had a sentence including the word 'live' and one of the others had the word 'webcam'...

WHAT ON EARTH IS THE POINT OF THIS?

Surely if you put '+' between your words you only want sites containing all the words together? AND ... seeing an actual facsimile of your blog is very intrusive when you haven't agreed to it.

Is there anything that I could do to block this?

Comments: Post a Comment



Powered by Blogger