.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Iris
Tuesday, March 16, 2004
 
Another stressful thing is that while my daughter is away I stupidly promised to tape her favourite programmes, which are on six different channels and occasionally at the same time. This brings home the sadness of my future without every single silly, feel good, taking me out of myself series that I have watched for the last eight years or so. They have all just or are about to come to an end. How could this happen? None of the replacement shows are any use. 'piN n' ckuT'? 'The C.O.'? That idiotic one about match making? I can't even remember what they all are. I would rather turn the television off - I can't believe that I said that. I am about to tape 'legnA' now which is still going here but, I am whispering now, it isn't very good any more. A pale shadow which only serves to remind of those glory years. I can't even look at the last few episodes of Oz. You do not have to kill off most of the main characters after a five year series - you leave on a high, hopeful note, any dedicated viewer could tell you that. I'll have to go back to the Comedy Channel and watch re-runs of 'Cheers' and 'My Two Dads'.

Comments: Post a Comment



Powered by Blogger