.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Iris
Friday, January 02, 2004
 
Finally realised that there is a tiny link under blog entry point which tells you about problems - which there are but I'm not sure if they are the same as mine.

I will write about my dentist and see what happens. Another resolution is to sort out my tooth. I am so crap about this. My top teeth don't really show at all when I talk, so as long as I remember not to laugh wildly I can get away with the fact that one of my teeth is cracked and I obviously need to have it capped. I also have a filling at the back which has a crumbly feeling and probably other stuff too. I have not been to the dentist for far too long as he has a mad quality. We have had the same dentist for 20 years and his work is really good but he shouts at you if he thinks you haven't been bothering to floss and leans heavily on your face while probing so that you have actual bruises the next day. He is also very rough while drilling and when the anaesthetic wears off you find raw patches in your mouth. He refuses to wear a mask and breathes rather horribly and spittily into your face and always pushes the sucking tube down repeatedly so that you keep choking, which makes him annoyed. Particularly as his chair is arranged so that you are lying practically upside down.

But ........ he is really , really good. Do I swap brilliant dentistry for kindness and charm? As I am afraid of him and will probably not go at all as things stand? Or pull myself together?

He is never there on Fridays as he is the official dentist to a large Zoo. One day while idly watching Children's TV I realised that the man in the lions' den in a white coat was him. No wonder he uses excessive force when sorting out one's back molars.

Comments: Post a Comment



Powered by Blogger