.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Iris
Thursday, December 11, 2003
 
I have just read of a celebrity marriage between a famous actress and a pop star. Funny how life goes.

A few years back the children were moaning that they hadn't got a New Years Eve party to go to down here. The only entertainment on offer was a 'dinner party' given by an old schoolfriend of my older daughter. I am always keen to expand their social circle in the country so that they will want to spend more time here, so when they returned I questioned them avidly about the other guests. 'No, no we knew them all already', they said. 'Oh well, there was one boy, some local friend of H...'s, quite nice but rather quiet and not massive fun.' 'So, what does he do?', I asked. 'Well. he's started up some sort of band'. We sniggered. 'No, I mean what does he REALLY do?'.

Comments: Post a Comment



Powered by Blogger